LFW Spring/Summer 2016
London Fashion Week will be live-streaming all catwalk shows on a Giant Screen, Venue, Carnaby Street, Soho, Brewer Street London, to celebrate their 62nd anniversary..18-22 September. Be the first to see the Spring/Summer collections #SS16 from your favourite designers including Burberry, Holly Fulton, House of Holland and Jonathan Saunders. LFW will be live streaming 30 shows, over 150 designers http://www.carnaby.co.uk/ Free admission. Get the latest fashion week updates on our blog or sign-up to our Newsletter.
LFW: Topshop Unique Spring/Summer 2016
LFW: Julien MacDonald Spring/Summer 2016
LFW: Vivien Westwood Spring/Summer 2016
LFW: Amanda Wakeley Spring/Summer 2016
The London Fashion Week Outdoor Cinema: Featuring catwalks, celebrity interviews and live streaming and digital presentations
Friday 18th - Tuesday 22nd September 2015
Golden Square, Soho, London W1R 3AD
London Fashion Week at Golden Square is a short walk from the Official Catwalk Show Space and Designer Showrooms at Brewer Street Car Park. For five days it will be home to screenings, pop-ups, exclusive offers and special events.
• The LFW Outdoor Cinema. This season, LFW boasts its very own outdoor cinema featuring livestreaming from the LFW catwalks, fashion films and digital presentations from Hunter, McQ Alexander McQueen, SHOWstudio, Vogue and Zoe Jordan. Daily highlights and celebrity interviews will also be featured - alongside the LFW debut of the American Express ‘London Fashion Week Talk Series’.
• Hunter. To mark the livestreaming in Golden Square of Hunter’s the Hunter Original SS16 LFW show; the British heritage brand will be offering members of the audience the opportunity to win a Hunter Original Icon from the nearby flagship store on Regent Street.
• Sunglass Hut. Visit Sunglass Hut’s pop-up at Golden Square during LFW for your chance to star in your very own #punkitupvideo. Plus, share your video for a chance to win tickets to London Fashion Weekend. The pop-up will sell an edit of the season’s hottest designer sunglasses, including a UK exclusive of the Burberry Garbadine Lace Collection. They are inspired by woven Garbadine, the iconic fabric of the Burberry trench coat, detailed with an English heritage lace pattern.
• Document your London Fashion Week experience on social media with the ultimate selfie hashtag: #LFW. The giant artwork is the perfect backdrop for style snappers and bloggers alike.
• #LFW #GoldenSquare
Gareth Pugh Official LFW Tote Bags
Available from all UK Sunglass Hut stores with purchases of £100 and above.
Sunglass Hut has teamed up with Gareth Pugh to create the official London Fashion Week Tote Bags. With a nod to his AW15 collection, the tote features Pugh’s truly arresting take on Punk. Sunglass Hut’s London Fashion Week ‘Punk it Up’ campaign, featuring Georgia May Jagger, will be featured across London throughout LFW.
London Fashion Week Talk Series Presented by American Express
Daily from Friday 18th September - Tuesday 22nd September 2015
Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design, 16-17 Greek Street, London W1D 4DR
Tickets are free and available from 15th September.
With talks from key speakers including Peter Pilotto and Zandra Rhodes, the official London Fashion Week Talk Series presented by American Express will open its doors to the general public at the prestigious Conde Nast College. With a tightly curated programme of prolific guest speakers from all corners of the industry, these daily discussions are sure to prove insightful and informed.
Fashion Film Sponsored by River Island
Sunday 20th September, 15.00 - 16.30
Brewer Street Car Park, London W1F 0LA
Tickets are free and available via @riverisland on Instagram and the River Island Style Insider blog.
The British Fashion Council’s film initiative, ‘Fashion Film sponsored by River Island’ continues to make creative leaps forward. This season, Mary Benson, Zandra Rhodes and Zoë Jordan have been selected to show as part of the initiative. With a screening at the Official London Fashion Week show space, ‘Fashion Film’ offers the general public a rare opportunity to venture into the Brewer Street Car Park for the full fashion experience.
Minnie: Style Icon Exhibition
Saturday 19th September - Sunday 20th September 2015
Black Members Club, 67 Dean Street, London W1D 4QH
Tickets are free and available at blacksclub.com
In homage to the ultimate fashion pin-up, the British Fashion Council and Disney will join forces to celebrate Minnie: Style Icon. Exploring Minnie Mouse as a style icon and her influence on fashion and pop culture; Minnie: Style Icon, has been co-curated by model and photographer Georgia May Jagger, and brings together photographs, archive imagery, sketches, celebrity portraits and fashion spreads, from as far back as the 1930s to the present day.
London Fashion Week on Carnaby Street
Carnaby Style Night: Thursday 17th September 2015
Live streaming showcase: Friday 18th September - Tuesday 22nd September 2015
Carnaby Street, Soho, London W1F
Carnaby Street will play host to various screenings during LFW, live streamed shows and exclusive footage. The screenings will be launched at Carnaby Style Night – a celebration that will see the retailers of Carnaby Street and the surrounding area come together to celebrate LFW. With discounts, free drinks and in-store events, savvy shoppers will have the opportunity to win a goodie bag worth £150. Be sure to share your experience on Twitter with the hashtags #Carnaby and #StyleNight to be in with a chance to win over £1,000 worth of prizes.
Shopping During London Fashion Week
With LFW’s recent move to Soho, London’s leading designers and stores are seizing the opportunity to offer up something new.
• Anya Hindmarch. Accessories supremo Anya Hindmarch will be setting up shop in the vast Selfridges Car Park. With a set that replicates the M25, Hindmarch continues her brilliant, visual assault with this ambitious and inspired retail pop-up.
• Harrods. The London uber store will be demonstrating its unwavering support of local fashion with a LFW installation in its prestigious Womenswear dept - displaying a wide selection of the best London Fashion Week collections.
• Liberty. The stalwart of London’s fashion scene will dedicate its iconic Great Marlborough Street windows to showcase the best of British design throughout LFW.
• Marks & Spencer. Throughout the week M&S will be bringing London Fashion Week to life digitally and in its Pantheon Oxford Street store.
• Maybelline. LFW’s principal beauty partner has various in-store activities and LFW based point of sale at outlets across the country.
• RIBA Regent Street Windows Project. The renowned architects have paired leading architectural studios with flagship stores along Regent Street to create bespoke window installations throughout September to coincide with LFW and London Design Festival.
• Selfridges. Alongside the aforementioned Anya Hindmarch pop up, Selfridges Car Park also boasts a Tom Dixon and Wallpaper* collaboration; MULTIPLEX. An alternative pop-up space dedicated to the appreciation of technology, home, fashion, beauty and jewellery – the space even offers its own Food Hall. For more information visit selfridges.com
• Seven Dials, Covent Garden and Duke of York Square, Chelsea, will join the celebration with window displays and in-store events
• Sunglass Hut will be stocking British designers including Jonathan Saunders and Prism across London stores and on sunglasshut.com/uk.
• Topshop. The High Street behemoth will once again dedicate the windows of the world’s largest fashion store to the SS16 NEWGEN designers. With window installations and show screenings, Topshop’s commitment to future talent continues with unflinching confidence.
Crosthwait Exhibition at Gray MCA
Thursday 17th September - Tuesday 22nd September 2015
Gallery 8, 8 Duke Street St James’s, London SW1Y 6BN
Gray MCA will be exhibiting unseen and rediscovered works by fashion illustrator and modern painter, Irwin ‘Bud’ Crosthwait, during LFW at Gallery 8. To bring the elegance and style of Crosthwait’s work to life, exhibition curators Ashley and Connie Gray will be giving daily talks (at 13.30) to explore the importance of original fashion illustration today and Crosthwait’s legacy. To register to attend a talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeans for Genes Day
Friday 18th September 2015
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Jeans for Genes Day. Money raised on the day funds a range of initiatives that improve the quality of life of children and families affected by genetic disorders.
Lavazza Coffee Delivery Service
Friday 18th September - Tuesday 22nd September 2015
Deliveries around Soho
London Fashion Weekend
Thursday 24th September - Sunday 27th September
Saatchi Gallery, Duke of York’s HQ, King’s Road, London SW3 4RY
Tickets available from londonfashionweekend.co.uk
Fashion’s biggest pop-up opens its doors on Thursday 24th September, in its new home, the prestigious Saatchi Gallery on the King’s Road. The impressive gallery will be transformed into Britain’s most exclusive fashion and designer shopping experience, brimming with catwalk shows, pop-up shops, hair & beauty and educational panels from leading industry experts.
The Official London Fashion Week Afternoon Tea at The May Fair Hotel
Throughout September 2015
The May Fair Hotel London, London W1J 8LT
themayfairhotel.co.uk | 020 3047 2037
As an official partner of LFW, it’s unsurprising that The May Fair Hotel make more than a notable effort during London Fashion Week. A five star hotel in the heart of Mayfair, the hotel offers guests some much needed sanctuary from the madness of Brewer Street. To celebrate LFW, the May Fair will be serving a bespoke ‘London Fashion Week SS16 Afternoon Tea’. Quintessentially English, ‘Tea’ comprises the finest savouries, sweets and traditional scones with jam and clotted cream, complemented by fine teas and the optional glass of champagne.
For the duration of Fashion Week, the hotel lobby windows will undergo a fashion makeover, adorned with designs from Gareth Pugh – the May Fair’s most recent collaborator, following in the footsteps of fellow designers Anya Hindmarch, Manolo Blahnik, Nicholas Kirkwood and Sophia Webster.
PATTERNITY Round Table Discussion
Friday 18th September 2015, 19.00 - 22.00
Certain events are ticketed, available from pattternity.org
SohoCreate Present Advanced Style
Monday 21st September 2015, 18.30
Picturehouse Central, 20-24 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 7DH
£5 - £8
In recognition of London Fashion Week’s move to Soho, SohoCreate, Picturehouse Central and Atelier Millinery present a special screening of Ari Seth Cohen’s ‘Advanced Style’; an empowering documentary that follows seven bombastic, independent, stylish women whose eclectic personal style and vital spirit have guided their approach to ageing.
DIGITAL AT LONDON FASHION WEEK
This September, BBC iPlayer takes fashion to the next level with a series of three exclusive programmes featuring model Abbey Clancy, singer Lianne La Havas and fashion vlogger Grace Victory. With unprecedented access to LFW, BBC iPlayer will give audiences a unique insight into the UK’s most important fashion event.
M&S is creating a series of specially curated videos in partnership with top fashion blogger, Emily Johnston of Fashion Foie Gras. The videos will bring to life key trends on the Fashion Foie Gras blog or at marksandspencer.com. Daily highlights from LFW will be available from 19 September at http://www.marksandspencer.com/s/women/london-fashion-week